Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ISTE 2010-DAY 1

Sunday, June 27, 2010
I arrive at Memphis International Airport early Sunday morning ready for an exciting adventure in Denver, Colorado. I have never been to Colorado; I have lots of questions about what we will find. I love to fly! The whole experience is great! I love people-watching the other passengers as they board and get settled. Two little girls are sitting behind me with their parents. Their conversation with their parents show pure joy at this new memory in the making. It is contagious.
We arrive at Denver's airport, gather our luggage and pile into our rental van. The trip to our lodging is filled with chatter about what we are wanting to learn during this conference. The apartment complex where we are staying this week is designed for college students as an off campus dorm. It certainly is not like any dorm I stayed in during my college years all those many years ago. This place looks better than my first apartment!
Sunday afternoon and evening are spent around our table looking at the events being offered and trying to figure out how to whittle the 200 sessions I would like to attend down to a workable number. I have learned from past years that I had better have several options planned for each time period because so often those rooms fill quickly. Trying to rank those in the order of preference is nearly impossible.
We finally go to our separate bedrooms and fall asleep with visions of tech sugarplums dancing in our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment